How much does it cost to use services of software consultant?
March 30th, 2021
If you are planning to hire a development team and create any kind of product with them, but don't have any knowledge and experience in IT, then managing the project may be a difficult and time-consuming task for you. In such a situation, it is recommended to use the services of an IT consulting company, such as BWC.Technology. In this article, we will tell you more about the functionality of such companies, their typical rates, and what are the benefits of working with software consultants.
If you are planning to hire a development team and create any kind of product with them, but don’t have any knowledge and experience in IT, then managing the project may be a difficult and time-consuming task for you. In such a situation, it is recommended to use the services of an IT consulting company, such as BWC.Technology. In this article, we will tell you more about the functionality of such companies, their typical rates, and what are the benefits of working with software consultants.
Who are IT consultants and what are they doing?
Services of IT consulting companies can be very useful for people, who are either not familiar with the organization of the software development process and managing the development team or don’t have a lot of free time to take part in these organizations. This is very reasonable even for clients, which are experienced in IT software development, because it may be much more profitable for the client to continue actively working on their own tasks instead of spending time managing the development team. IT consultants are responsible for:
Finding and hiring developers, which are the most proficient for a specific project – consultants are experienced with a different type of successful projects, and can quickly find developers, whose work will be the best in a price-quality-speed ratio for specific technologies and programming languages. This task usually takes a lot of time and costs if an inexperienced client tries to look for talents by himself.
Actively working with the client – IT consultants help customers to transform their idea into technical requirements and tasks for developers. They can give client advice for adding or removing some details, which may look easy, but in reality, may become a black hole for project budget funds. When the development process starts, consultants are keeping clients up to date with development status and any kind of updates.
Defining scope and estimations for the project – experienced consultants will estimate deadlines and budget better, than someone who has no experience in software development and IT team management.
Controlling and managing the development team – IT consultants are responsible for managing the development team and making sure that defined requirements and deadlines are met.
Helping to lower costs and time-to-market – IT consultants are unbiased and don’t need the project to take as long as possible, unlike some of the developers. Experienced consultants help the client to find tools for lowering costs and time scope.
What are the typical IT consulting rates?
IT consultant costs are based on multiple factors, same as software developers rates. This means that we can not give you any kind of precise numbers, because it is always possible to find cheaper or more expensive services. Main factors which form software consultant rates for the client:
- Location of consulting company – one of the biggest factors which forms the prices. Western Europe (Poland, Ukraine) is a very popular offshoring direction because of its comparably low rates. Living costs in Poland and Ukraine are not high when comparing to the USA, UK, and others, which creates lower rates.
- The experience level of consulting company – usually most experienced companies take the highest IT consulting rates on market. But we should not forget that years on market are not equal to a high experience level. You can be lucky enough to find the company, which is fairly young and costs less than someone with 20 years of market presence, but has a huge experience and will help you to implement your project without any difficulties.
- Size of the consulting company – big company usually means a more experienced company, which leads us to higher rates.
What are the benefits of software consulting?
Any IT project can benefit strongly from hiring an IT consultancy company. Those are the people that will help the client with any kind of difficulties and problems, that customers will meet when implementing their idea to reality. By hiring IT consultants, you will get services, which include, but not limited to:
- saving on internal resources
- protecting clients interests
- helping the client to navigate the lifecycle
- isolating from complex technical topics
- saving time on team and process definition
- saving time and focus on preparing detailed requirements
- saving time on product testing
- minimizing risks
BWC.Technology and IT Consultancy
BWC.Technology helps clients with IT consulting services, and works with proven technology partners to establish dedicated development teams, agile working practices, and deliver digital product increments. Our company is experienced to comply with elevated quality standards, having worked for large clients on multinational projects. BWC.Technology will guide you through the process of successfully transforming your idea into a working digital product.